In an ideal world, every client would have a face-to-face meeting with a Solicitor to make their Will and Power of Attorney. At Leech & Co, we visit every client at home at a time that suits them so we can sit down with you, listen to you and get to know you and this allows us to provide the best advice for you.
However, at the moment, this is not an ideal world. The Coronavirus means that, for now, we have had to change the way we do things. We take the health and safety of our clients and team members extremely seriously and so a face-to-face, sit down meeting with all of our clients is not the best way to help them.
Change in circumstances
We have adopted the steps and procedures detailed to help combat the spread of the virus and keep our clients and team members safe.
However, to allow us to keep helping our clients put a plan in place for their future, we will do the following:
- All appointments with our clients will be held on the telephone (we are also able to speak with you via SKYPE or Facetime or video call. Please let us know if you need assistance setting these up on your phone or computer);
- All clients will be offered as many telephone appointments that are needed so don’t worry about asking us to call back or spreading the appointment over a series of calls;
- We will provide all documents to you by post or e-mail;
- We will provide you with all of the information (either on the telephone or in writing) you will need to allow you to make your decisions and confirm your instructions;
- We will provide you with full advice and assistance about the correct way to sign and witness your documents;
- We will provide you with self-addressed envelopes to allow you to return documents to us;
- If any of our clients need further assistance, please let us know and we will do our best to help you.
We hope that we will be able to help our clients get through this difficult time and plan for the future. If you would like to discuss any aspect of our Coronavirus plan and policy further or if you wish to discuss making a Will or Power of Attorney or any of services, please call one of our friendly team on 0161 749 9000 or e-mail us at [email protected] to ask for a call back.