Review your Will
We can help you with all aspects of making a Will including reviewing your existing Will. If you would like to find out more about reviewing your Will, have a look at the sections below or simply call us on 0161 749 9000 or click here for a callback for a free, initial discussion with one of our friendly team.
Why do I need to review my Will?
If you’ve already made your Will, then you already know all of the good reasons why people need to make one. (If you need to remind yourself, please read all about Wills in this section.
However, there are some very important reasons why you should review your Will, for example:
- Your personal circumstances may have changed and so the terms of your Will may no longer be correct or in accordance with your wishes i.e. you may have got married or divorced, had children, bought or sold a property, received an inheritance, suffered a bereavement of a loved one etc;
- The law may have changed which makes the terms of your Will invalid and/or not in accordance with your wishes;
- You may have written your Will yourself or employed a Will writing company to draft the Will for you, but the Will may not be legally valid and may not actually carry out your wishes. It is very easy to get a Will wrong, or at least not get it right, but a fully-trained, fully-qualified, regulated and insured Solicitor can make sure you have a valid, correct Will.
When should I review my Will?
We recommend that you review your Will every three to five years to make sure it is valid, correct and carries out your wishes.
However, if you have written the Will yourself or employed a Will-Writing company to make it for you, we would recommend that your Will is reviewed immediately. This is to make sure that if the Will is invalid or incorrect, it is made valid and correct without delay.
What will reviewing my Will involve and how much will it cost?
Reviewing your Will is a relatively straightforward process. We will arrange an appointment to come and see you at your home and workplace (see our commitment to our clients here, we will discuss with you your wishes in relation to your Will and then provide an assessment as to whether your existing Will is valid and correct and matches your wishes. We can then amend your existing Will or draft a new Will for you.
If your existing Will is valid and correct and matches your wishes, there will be a nominal fee of £75.00 for reviewing it. If you existing Will is not valid or incorrect or does not match your wishes, our fees for drafting the new Will will be as per our standard fees. (See our fees here). However, the review fee of £75.00 will be deducted from the total cost.
Why choose Leech & Co to review your Will
There are many reasons to choose Leech & Co, but we think the main ones are:
- We will always come to you and visit you in your home or at your workplace. We appreciate people have busy lives and may not want to visit a Solicitor’s office so we will not ask you to come to our office.
- We are Solicitors. This means we are fully regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA), we hold full professional insurance and everything you discuss with us is 100% confidential. We are bound by professional ethics which gives you the peace of mind that your interests are fully protected.
- We are experienced and expert Solicitors, but we pride ourselves on being friendly and approachable. We will listen to you, get to know you and understand your plans for the future. We can then provide you with the expert and practical legal advice that you need.
- We provide all-round legal advice to help you plan for, and protect, yours and your loved ones future.
- We offer fixed fees whenever we can, we discuss and agree our costs with you and ensure you are happy before we start work for you and we guarantee there are no hidden charges.
If you have any concerns about your Will or simply want to review it to put your mind at rest, contact one of our friendly team for a review of your existing Will.